ANTENATAL SESSIONS Breastfeeding education before your baby arrives in the comfort of your own home. Sessions run for 1-2 hrs depending on your needs. Cost is $90 an hour. Private Health Fund rebates may apply.
What to expect with an antenatal home visit?
- The opportunity to learn about breastfeeding, in theory and in practice, before your baby arrives.
- The opportunity to practice correct positioning and attachment using various educational tools.
- Learn how to work with your baby and your breasts. This involves learning to understand your breasts, understand normal newborn behaviours at the breast before and after the breastfeed, milk transferring, softening of breast, attachment issues and how to overcome these.
- Discover the importance of the first feed and early breast stimulation.
- Become aware of the changes your breasts go through from post birth to your milk coming in and there after.
- Learn how to express your breasts and the benefits in doing so.
- Learn what can go wrong in your situation and how to prevent and manage problem areas.
- Learn normal baby output, intake, weight gain, newborn behaviour, awake time, the frequency of feeding, length of a feed, settled baby v's unsettled and what you can do.
- Learn the signs that tell you that your baby is getting enough breastmilk at each feed.
Antenatal Pregnancy education classes coming soon.